Paul Gauguin Cruises Soul of the South Seas SWEEPSTAKES 2016 OFFICIAL RULES
This sweepstakes has been closed to new entries. Please visit Paul Gauguin Cruises to learn more about a vacation to the South Pacific. Winners will be announced shortly.
Paul Gauguin Cruises Soul of the South Seas SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on March 7, 2016 at 12pm Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on June 26, 2016, at 11:59 pm ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Paul Gauguin Cruises (“PGC” or “Sponsor”), with a principal place of business at 11100 Main Street, Suite 300, Bellevue, WA 98004. The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein. Certain restrictions may apply.
ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States (not including territories and possessions) excluding Florida. Residents must be at least 18 years of age as of date of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Wildlife Conservation Society, Air Tahiti Nui, JetBlue, and all of their respective affiliates, parent and subsidiary companies, licensors, distributors, divisions and their advertising, production and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their respective officers, employees, representatives, agents, and the immediate families and those living in the same household of any of the above, are not eligible to enter. All federal, state, and local rules and regulations apply.
Do not proceed in this site if you are not located in the United States. Those whose country of residence is not the United States may access the Promotion’s webpage and application, but are not eligible to enter or become a Winner. Those who have won a promotion by Sponsors during the past two years also are not eligible to win.
HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit southseasgetaway.com, and follow all onscreen prompts and instructions to complete and submit an official entry form. You must provide the information on the entry form by 11:59 pm ET on June 26, 2016, to be eligible for the entry into any prize drawing. Adults residing in the same household may enter and participate separately.
By following these steps an individual becomes a Participant, agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, agrees that the decisions of Sponsor are final, and becomes automatically entered to win the Prize. Chances of winning depend on the number of valid entries received. To validly participate, each Participant can register for the Promotion only once online. One additional entry can be obtained by each Participant registered for the promotion if: participant shares the promotion via the share button after completing the entry form.
Participants must provide a valid e-mail and mailing address. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the Participant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account on the date the entry was submitted.
The register of Participants will be stored in a database belonging to Sponsors. Sponsors reserve the right to cross-reference between the database of customers registered in the Promotion and internal databases, to later send participants e-mails and direct mail with special offers or promotions, requests to update their records, as well as emails, offers and promotions from Sponsors, its affiliates, and other partners including Paul Gauguin Cruises, Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS), Air Tahiti Nui and JetBlue. By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on an email and mailing list for promotional and other purposes from Sponsors, its affiliates and other partners associated with his promotion.
PRIZES: There will be four (4) prize winners. The Prize, a 7-night Tahiti & the Society Islands cruise for (2) people, will be supplied and operated by Paul Gauguin Cruises. Domestic roundtrip airfare to Los Angeles, California will be supplied and operated by JetBlue. International roundtrip airfare from Los Angeles, California, to Papeete, Tahiti, will be supplied and operated by Air Tahiti Nui.
Each prize package consists of:
- A 7-night Tahiti & the Society Islands cruise for two people on the m/s Paul Gauguin in an ocean view category F stateroom
- Two roundtrip economy/Moana class airline tickets from Los Angeles, California, to Papeete, Tahiti, on Air Tahiti Nui in booking class X, plus any applicable government taxes or fees for each passenger
- Two domestic roundtrip airline tickets to Los Angeles, California, on JetBlue, plus any applicable government taxes or fees for each passenger
- Ground transportation between the airport in Papeete, Tahiti to/from the m/s Paul Gauguin if flight arrival is on day of embarkation or flight departure is on day debarkation
- Each stateroom onboard equipped with ocean view, queen-size bed, bathroom with toilet and shower, and climate controls
- All shipboard meals, in your choice of venues
- Complimentary beverages, including select wines and spirits, beers, soft drinks, bottled water, and hot beverages served throughout the ship
- Gratuities for ship’s staff
- Use of all sports-related equipment and facilities
- Access to ship facilities including fitness center, library, and lectures.
The prize package excludes:
- Port, security and handling fees of approximately $119 per person
- Airport taxes
- Any pre or post hotel stays, dayroom accommodations, or air deviation fees
- Any ground transportation between the airport or hotels in Papeete, Tahiti to/from the m/s Paul Gauguin if guests do not arrive on day of embarkation or depart on day of debarkation
- Premium alcoholic beverages, internet access, laundry, spa treatments, shore excursions, PADI dive certification and excursions, retail merchandise, or other products or services not explicitly defined herein
- Travel protection plan or travel insurance
- Passports, visas, or immigration fees.
Each prize package is valued at US$12,000. The approximate retail value may vary and may change subject to current market conditions at the time of fulfillment.
The prize is subject to the following restrictions:
- Participants may be adults or children; however, children must be accompanied by at least 1 person over the age of 21
- Prize is subject to space available; the winner can only reserve the Air Tahiti Nui airfare and the 7-night Tahiti & the Society Island cruise within 60 days of departure date
- The winner must reserve the Air Tahiti Nui air travel and 7-night Tahiti & the Society Island cruise during the period of June 1, 2016 through May 31, 2017
- In order to redeem the international air tickets and the 7-night Tahiti & the Society Island cruise as a package, guests must travel in the period of June 1, 2016 through May 31, 2017. International travel may commence from June 1, 2016 except during BLACKOUT PERIODS: June 15, 2016 thru August 31, 2016 and December 15, 2016 thru January 05, 2017
- In order to redeem the international air tickets your travel must take place within the validity period advised and is subject to seat capacity in X class inventory only. Extensions will not be permitted at any time. This tickets are non-transferable and are non-refundable should all or part of the travel not be used. Travel is excluded from any frequent flyer credit, bonus or otherwise.
- Due to demand in air travel, Friday and Saturday night flights on Air Tahiti Nui may not be available
- In order to redeem the domestic air tickets by JetBlue, guests must travel in the period of June 1, 2016 through June 1, 2017. These dates may have more limited availability: June 30–July 5, September 4–7, October 6–10, November 6–15, November 19–28, and December 19–31, 2016, as well as January 1–7, January 12–16, February 2–7, February 15–27, February 24–March 2, April 6–20, April 13–24, April 19–May 1, and May 25–29, 2017
- Once the winner has confirmed the reservation, he or she will not be able to reschedule for alternate dates
- If the winner cancels the reservation, or if the winner does not arrive to the flights or ship on schedule, he or she will forfeit the prize
- Airline tickets are not subject to any compensation in the event of a flight interruption, delay, cancellation or denied boarding.
- Should this prize letter or ticket(s) be lost or stolen, they would not be replaceable.
- Paul Gauguin Cruises, Air Tahiti Nui and JetBlue will issue e-tickets unless otherwise instructed; paper tickets will incur feeds payable due by the Prize winner
- Sponsors are not responsible for any missed connections, delays of any kind or any expenses incurred as a result of the use of the air tickets.
Travel documentation: All guests must carry a valid passport. Passport must be valid for at least six months after your return date of travel. Guests are responsible to ensure validity dates of passport and to secure proper documentation for countries visited. Contact your local embassy, or consulate for the most up-to-date visa requirements, or see your travel agent. IT’S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO HAVE THE CORRECT TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION.
WINNER SELECTION: Four (4) Prize Winners will be randomly selected and notified by postal mail, email, and/or phone using the information provided on his/her entry form within approximately seven to ten business days following the Sweepstakes Prize Drawings in which s/he was selected. If the Prize Winner (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within two (2) business days from the time Sponsors’ first attempts to notify him/her confirming receipt of Prize notification; (iii) fails to accept the Prize within one (1) week from the time contact is established as is outlined in point (ii); (iv) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified; (v) refuses the Prize; and/or (vi) the Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such Prize Winner will have forfeited all rights to win the Promotion or receive the Prize, and an alternate winner may be selected. After three (3) such alternate winners have been selected without securing eligible winners, the Prize may remain un-awarded. The Winner must meet all eligibility requirements of the Promotion to be declared the “Winner” of the Promotion.
Potential Prize winners will be required to sign and return, an Affidavit of Eligibility and liability and publicity release and assignment of rights, except where prohibited, within five (5) days of notification. If a potential Prize winner fails to return the completed affidavit within five (5) days, or if affidavit is returned as undeliverable or if a potential Prize winner is deemed ineligible, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected, time permitting. Affidavits will be sent to the potential Prize winners via Priority Mail or email. Each potential Sweepstakes Prize winner will be required to respond to Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator with a confirmation of his/her postal address for purposes of Prize shipment/assignment of rights and eligibility verification. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to entrants’ mailing addresses, email addresses and/or telephone numbers after the date on which they enter the Sweepstakes. If any of the following should occur: (a) a potential winner fails to respond to Sponsor’s notification in a timely manner; (b) a Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable; (c) the Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that a potential winner is ineligible to receive a Prize; or (d) a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept a Prize, then the applicable winner will be disqualified and his/her Prize will be forfeited. If a Prize is forfeited for any reason, the Sponsor may award the Prize to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among the remaining Sweepstakes Entries received for the applicable drawing pool.
Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor shall not be liable to winners or any other persons for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, epidemic or pandemic, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the written announcement or posting of information relating to the Sweepstakes.
Neither Sponsors nor its affiliated entities are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent entries or emails; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction.
TAXES: The approximate retail value of the Prize stated above is based on Sponsors’ available information. Participants understand that the value of the Prize will be taxable to winners as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the winner’s responsibility. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winner must provide Sponsors’ with valid identification and a signed form W-9 with a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any Prize will be awarded. Residents of the 48 contiguous United States that win USD$600 or more in Prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. Prize winners must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
GENERAL: Entrants agree to release and waive any claims they may have against Sponsor for any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney’s fees) resulting from acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize or element thereof, or participation in this Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of New York and waive the right to have disputes arising out of the subject matter hereof adjudicated in any other forum.
Incomplete entries are void. The Prize is not transferable or assignable. The Prize Winners will receive instructions on claiming the tickets via e-mail. Any change or errors to the email address is solely and exclusively the participant’s responsibility, and not Sponsors’.
Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for any technical problems or technical malfunction that may affect the operation of the Promotion, including but not limited to hardware or software errors, faulty computer, telephone, cable satellite, network, electronic, wireless or internet connectivity or other online communication problems, errors or limitation of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers, grabbled, jumbled or faulty data transmission; failure of any e-mail transmissions, inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website, among others.
The use of automated entry or similar devices is prohibited and entries through such prohibited devices are void.
If for any reason it is not possible to operate this Sweepstakes as planned, or if actions by entrants corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes for any reason or no reason.
To obtain the name of the Official Winners (available June 30, 2016), please contact Paul Gauguin Cruises by phone (800.848.6172), email email@example.com, or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Paul Gauguin Cruises, 11100 Main Street, Bellevue, WA 98004.
For a copy of these Official Rules, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Paul Gauguin Cruises, 11100 Main Street, Bellevue, WA 98004.